If you have any questions, please read this FAQ FIRST. This FAQ is maintained by the moderators of Kipkay Kits. If the FAQ doesn’t answer your questions, use the contact form below! Thanks!
This page will cover the most frequently asked questions that are applicable to most kits. This page is updated and maintained by the Kipkay moderators.
- Wire: Where do I get it and what kind?
- On your favorite search engine or online store such as Amazon or EBay search for “hook up wire kit”, there are kits with six spools of different colors available, or they can be bought by the spool.
- Radio Shack has 3 spool kits, other local stores may carry suitable wire as well.
- The kit material section says 20 AWG or higher, 22 and 24 AWG are good choices, there’s also 30 AWG wire wrap available, which should only be used when carrying less than 500mA.
- The higher the number, the more flexible and easier to fit in tight perfboard solder pads.
- There is stranded and solid core, both can be used, stranded is more flexible.
- You may also be able to find wire at home. Unused phone cords, speaker wire, and network cables all have wire that could be salvaged for use in projects.
- What power adapter do I get?
- Double check for your specific kit, but so far all kits with a power jack take 5V power. Look for a center positive (ground on the outside), power adapter with a 5.5×2.11mm barrel jack connector. These can be found at various online stores or at the Kipkay store.
- You may also find a suitable adapter in your home. Check the label of a power adapter, specifically the Output line. Look for 5V and 500ma or higher, such as 1A.
What is KIPKAY KITS?
Kipkay Kits are 2 things:
1) A MONTHLY subscription where you will get a gadget kit shipped to you every month
2) An online membership site with in-depth DIY and hack tutorials
How does a subscription work?
Each month, you’ll be shipped a gadget kit. Depending on your membership level, you will get different amounts / variations, where higher membership levels will get more.
All gadget subscriptions come with membership to the online membership page @ Kipkay Kits.com where you’ll get access to BRAND NEW content that features in-depth tutorials, and DIY guides.
What’s the difference between the different subscription levels?
The Online-only subscription is exactly as it sounds – it gives you access to the online Kipkay Kits members-only site.
Different variations of kits are shipped with different levels. It can be different quantities, or different kits all together. Usually the higher the level, the longer or more complex the project will be. The Beginner, Hobbyist, and Guru kits ALL come with a online-subscription as a BONUS.
How long does shipping take? Do you offer international shipping?
Shipping usually will take about 3-5 days depending on where you are in the United States. Yes international shipping is offered! International shipping will take anywhere from 7-14 days.
I want to upgrade or downgrade my subscription. How do I do that?
First, go ahead to the order page and subscribe to a new subscription. Then go to your account page and cancel the subscription you had previously. Please contact us using the form below if you need any help.
How do I cancel my subscription?
You can cancel by going to your account page and clicking cancel on the subscription you want to cancel. Please contact us using the form below if you need any help.
How can I get a refund?
You can get a refund if you are not satisfied for any reason. Please email us using the form below to arrange a refund. Be sure to include your order email as well as your phone number.
Why are you charging for this?
Unlike YouTube, which is free, I have to charge for this because my team and I have put a TON of time, money, and effort into making this program happen. Your subscription helps us pay for things like the materials, website maintenance, video hosting, video bandwidth, etc.
How do I log-in? What if I forgot my password?
You can login by going to your account page. You login by using your EMAIL and the PASSWORD you used while you signed up. If you forgot your password, use the password reset on the account page.
I have a friend who is PERFECT for a Kipkay Kit. Can I get a referral fee?
We don’t have it set up on the site quite yet, but please email us! We’ll happily give you 1 month free for every friend you refer.
I have suggestions on how to improve the program.
YES! That’s awesome! Write on the Feedback page, or email us directly by using the form below.
I am having trouble with billing. What do I do?
First, check to make sure your credit card is not expired. Then email us using the form below. Be sure to include the email you used to sign up for the account, and a short description of the issue you’re having.
I am having technical problems (i.e. the website not loading, freezing, etc.)
Log out. Close your browser, then clear your cache. Then try logging back in. If you are having further issues, please email using the form below.
Be sure to include the email you used for your account, and the relevant order numbers so we can help you faster! The last thing we’d want is for you to be bummed out waiting, while we’re confused, scrambling to look for your order!